Classification: Senior Planner/Estimator/Scheduler
Anticipated Hiring Salary: Low to Mid $6,000/month
CSU Salary Schedule
Hours: Full-time / 40 hours per week -Temporary two year position
Priority Screening Date: Apply today. Extended to July 10, 2022
Recruitment Status: Open Until Filled
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB) is a mid-sized comprehensive baccalaureate and masters granting university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives through a focus on student success and engagement through project-based learning, service learning in its regional community, and the promotion of multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond campus. CSUMB is both a Minority Serving Institution (MSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and has a vibrant, diverse student body of over 7,400 students. The university’s Strategic Plan prioritizes inclusive excellence through recruiting and investing in the development of a diverse body of faculty, staff, and administrators. CSUMB’s sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral by 2030. The university’s faculty and staff, many of whom live in the East Campus housing development, appreciate living and working so close to the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, CSUMB offers excellent benefits, including access to below-market-rate campus housing and competitive salaries for faculty and staff.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Facilities Services and Operations, the Senior Planner/Estimator/Scheduler provides primary oversight of Maintenance and Operations work schedules, backlogs, and Preventive Maintenance work. Additionally, this position is responsible for overseeing the Fee-for-Service process, ensuring it is followed and coordinated appropriately for timely chargeback of completed work. This position is also to develop and update a maintenance task cost library for estimating. This position is expected to coordinate efforts with those of Associate Director of Maintenance and Operations, Facility Project Supervisor, Supervising/Lead Technicians, and the Work Control Specialist to ensure work is scheduled, executed and tracked appropriately in the Computer Maintenance Management Systems (Limble).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepares and coordinates maintenance work estimates and work schedules, and sequences work requirements. Monitors and reports status on work in progress. Ensures appropriate estimates of labor and materials are provided for all work orders. Coordinates with Facility Project Supervisors to develop schedules of the various maintenance and service functions with one or more groups or crews of multi-skilled trades.
- Oversees the planning and scheduling of Facilities Services and Operations (FSO) staff 30-, 60- and 90-day schedule to include skilled trades, at the shop and technician level, coordinating with Facility Project Supervisor and Supervising/Leads to establish Shop and Technician daily schedules.
- Prepares, delivers and reconciles cost estimates for campus customers requesting Fee-for-Service work. Coordinates with Facility Project Supervisors to establish Project Numbers, Work Orders, Estimates, Work Schedules, Permit Applications, and ensures paperwork is processed and approvals are obtained. Tracks status of Fee-for-Service work to ensure schedules and budgets are adhered to, ensures established procedures are followed, approvals are received in a timely manner and required forms are utilized. Reviews final Fee-for-Service Costs and reconciles upon completion prior to submitting to FMD Budget Analyst for final chargeback. Oversees and implements a Multi-Year 52 Week Preventive Maintenance program that fulfills the requirements mandated by the CSU and local and state regulatory agencies.
Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of building materials, costing procedures and the sequential methods of modern construction practices so that various crafts are brought onto the project at the proper time to assure continuous progress toward completion in a timely manner. Knowledge of the time required for performing various segments of construction and maintenance work. Knowledge of building codes and trades is also required to enable the incumbent to write complete and concise specification so accompany plans for contract jobs. Knowledge of State contract procedures is desired. Knowledge of the requirements for the proper maintenance of mechanical equipment
Knowledge of budgeting procedures including an understanding of price changes due to inflation and other economic factors. Knowledge of computerized preventive maintenance systems and the ability to access such information through use of terminal is desirable.
Ability to read, interpret, and prepare plans and specifications for all phases of construction and building maintenance. Ability to read, understand and utilize technical information, parts lists and operating manuals is required in order to program and schedule a predetermined preventive maintenance system and to keep the various mechanical and stationary equipment properly maintained and in continuous working condition. The ability to work effectively with all levels University personnel as well as off-campus professional agencies.
Three years’ experience in a staff or supervisory capacity in plant operations administration or the construction industry, including experience in design, plan analysis and estimating for multiple trade projects.
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college in engineering, architecture, business management, plant management, industrial technology or public administration. Up to four years of applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement on a year- for-year basis.
General knowledge of job design and work sequencing related to construction projects. General knowledge of budgeting procedures and ability to perform arithmetic calculations as required by the position. General knowledge of the requirements for proper maintenance of mechanical equipment.
Ability to determine and coordinate staffing, material and equipment needs for multiple jobs and projects. Ability to read, understand and utilize technical information and parts lists. Ability to ensure accuracy and maintenance of assigned record-keeping systems, and to prepare reports. Ability to motivate and lead the work of others. Ability to work effectively with all levels of university personnel Ability to read and write at a level appropriate for the position.
Equivalent of four-year college degree in Facilities Management or Construction Management. Previous experience utilizing a Computerized Maintenance Management System consisting of work orders, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, deferred maintenance, work scheduling, and contract management is desired. Four years journey level experience in one or more building or mechanical craft trades. Thorough knowledge of computer software such as CMMS, Spreadsheets (MS Excel), Work Processing (MS Word), Project Management Software (MS Project), and Email.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT & POSITION DESIGNATIONS:
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check)
- The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095.
- This position has been designated as a sensitive position with responsibility or access/possession of building master or sub-master keys for building access.
- Must possess and maintain a valid license to drive in the State of California, pass the Defensive Training Class, and be insurable under the University's liability coverage.
- May require occasional evenings and/or weekend work.
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Position requires working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time. May require travel between campus offices and off-campus locations.
The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff remain our highest priority. While on campus, students, faculty, staff, and the community will be expected to follow all campus safety mandates.
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Interim Policy, all students and employees are required to submit their vaccination status to the Otter Vaccination Registry and are encouraged to be vaccinated.
CSUMB offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, dental and vision plans; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS); and 14-paid holidays a year. For more information, visit CSU System Benefits. Additionally, as a perk, the University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay provides access to affordable campus housing based on availability; visit Schoonover Employee Housing for more information.
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application prior to the priority screen date found at Careers at CSUMB. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
CSUMB is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389 or email@example.com. All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics, you can view the notice of availability and access the Cal State University, Monterey Bay annual security and fire safety reports at https://csumb.edu/clery/asr-and-fsr-notices-availability/.
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. We value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. We consider qualified applicants for employment for their anticipated contributions and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.