Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist
Anticipated Hiring Salary: Low $4,000's/month
CSU Salary Schedule
Hours: Full-time / 40 hours per week
Priority Screening Date: June 23, 2022
Recruitment Status: Open Until Filled
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB) is a mid-sized comprehensive baccalaureate and masters granting university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives through a focus on student success and engagement through project-based learning, service learning in its regional community, and the promotion of multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond campus. CSUMB is both a Minority Serving Institution (MSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and has a vibrant, diverse student body of over 7,400 students. The university’s Strategic Plan prioritizes inclusive excellence through recruiting and investing in the development of a diverse body of faculty, staff, and administrators. CSUMB’s sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral by 2030. The university’s faculty and staff, many of whom live in the East Campus housing development, appreciate living and working so close to the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, CSUMB offers excellent benefits, including access to below-market-rate campus housing and competitive salaries for faculty and staff.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Prospect Research and Advancement Services and receiving direction from the Assistant Director of Advancement Services, the Advancement Service Gift Processor supports the fundraising efforts of the Division of University Advancement. Understanding the philanthropic context within which fundraising takes place with a thorough knowledge of the rules and regulations pertaining to the proper accounting of charitable and membership contributions. The incumbent ensures that data in regard to constituents, gifts, events and campaigns is entered and maintained accurately and in accord with industry best practices.
This position is responsible for the proper receipting, processing and acknowledging of all charitable contributions received, following donor intent and University policies while understanding and adhering to IRS and CASE rules and regulations; maintaining all documentation and files in strict confidentiality. The work involves knowledge of and complex data entry into The Raiser’s Edge, requiring significant attention to detail and includes a high volume of routine tasks. The incumbent is required to work directly with donors, parents, alumni or others to answer questions about their gifts, memberships or communication subscriptions. Incumbent must be a thoughtful and articulate representative of the university to ensure the campus credibility with donors and stakeholders is established and maintained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Using Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge and Luminate software, process daily/weekly gift batches in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Create new constituent records in Raiser’s Edge as they pertain to new gifts, memberships, new grants and event registrations.
- Research and process all GIK donations, recurring and matching gifts and State and Corporation/Foundation monthly payroll donations.
- Update constituent data as new information becomes available such via direct calls from donors, mail returns, mail house data updates or other sources of data upgrades.
- Manage the importing of data into RE from Give Campus and other programs.
- Process gift adjustment and transfer in Raiser’s Edge.
- Maintain a confidential filing system for University constituents and donors.
Event Logistic, Database Health and Reporting:
- Work with the Assistant Director of Advancement Services to create and manage the logistics for all events, including linking Luminate registration pages.
- Run Database Health programs on a quarterly basis to update the database, identifying and correcting errors.
- Provide monthly reports to Corporation Accounting, University Departments and University Advancement Staff.
- Serve as backup for list pulls, creation of appeals and links.
Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge: Working knowledge of general practices, program, and/or administrative specialty. Basic knowledge of and ability to apply fundamental concepts. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures. Knowledge of basic methods and procedures for research and statistical analysis and the ability to apply them.
Abilities: Ability to analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques. Ability to organize and plan work and projects including handling multiple priorities. Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment. Ability to compile, write, and present reports related to program or administrative specialty. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit. Ability to learn, interpret, and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures relating to and impacting the applicable program, organizational unit, and/or administrative specialty.
General knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS REQUIRED:
Proficient with a broad range of technology, systems, and packages; to include word processing, spreadsheet, mail merges, database programs and electronic scheduling. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse, academic environment. Exceptional ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, persuasive and tactful manner. A strong customer service attitude and commitment is essential. Demonstrated ability to address the essential functions associated with this position including the knowledge and abilities identified above.
College degree is desirable. Thorough working knowledge of CSUMB, particularly matriculation and degree information. Specialized training in administrative/clerical support. Experience working with diverse populations and in an academic setting. Technical fluency with Microsoft Office Suite; Internet browsers; and Google email and calendaring programs. Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge and NetCommunity/Luminate or other CRM’s is a plus. Highly desirable: Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to CSUMB’s Vision.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT & POSITION DESIGNATIONS:
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
- The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095.
- This position has been designated as a sensitive position with access to, or control over, cash, checks, credit cards, and/or credit card account information.
- This position is required to comply with confidentiality requirements outlined in the Department of Education’s Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California’s Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
- Must possess and maintain a valid license to drive in the State of California, pass the Defensive Training Class, and be insurable under the University's liability coverage.
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Position requires working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time. May require travel between campus offices and off-campus locations.
The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff remain our highest priority. While on campus, students, faculty, staff, and the community will be expected to follow all campus safety mandates.
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Interim Policy, all students and employees are required to submit their vaccination status to the Otter Vaccination Registry and are encouraged to be vaccinated.
CSUMB offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, dental and vision plans; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS); and 14-paid holidays a year. For more information, visit CSU System Benefits. Additionally, as a perk, the University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay provides access to affordable campus housing based on availability; visit Schoonover Employee Housing for more information.
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application prior to the priority screen date found at Careers at CSUMB. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
CSUMB is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics, you can view the notice of availability and access the Cal State University, Monterey Bay annual security and fire safety reports at https://csumb.edu/clery/asr-and-fsr-notices-availability/.
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. We value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. We consider qualified applicants for employment for their anticipated contributions and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.