Classification: Administrator II
Anticipated Hiring Salary: Commensurate with experience
CSU Salary Schedule
Hours: Full-time / 40 hours per week
Priority Screening Date: November 6, 2022
Recruitment Status: Open Until Filled
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB) is a mid-sized comprehensive baccalaureate and masters granting university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives through a focus on student success and engagement through project-based learning, service learning in its regional community, and the promotion of multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond campus. CSUMB is both a Minority Serving Institution (MSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and has a vibrant, diverse student body of over 7,400 students. The university’s Strategic Plan prioritizes inclusive excellence through recruiting and investing in the development of a diverse body of faculty, staff, and administrators. CSUMB’s sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral by 2030. The university’s faculty and staff, many of whom live in the East Campus housing development, appreciate living and working so close to the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, CSUMB offers excellent benefits, including access to below-market-rate campus housing and competitive salaries for faculty and staff.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Enterprise and Engagement Applications, the incumbent is responsible for providing leadership and effective development and operational oversight and support for the Data Integration Services Team. In collaboration with the IT Project Management Office, the Associate Director of Data Integrations will provide leadership and direction over the related portfolio of projects while supporting operational duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide oversight and direction of the Data Integration Services Team which includes developers and a data analyst while collaborating and working with a project manager and/or business analyst from the Project Management Office; develops a team to deliver an excellent user experience and customer service.
- Oversee the planning, design, development, operations and overall management of applications and systems supported by the Data & Integrations Team including setup, configuration and administration; system administration, system monitoring, performance tuning, patches and fixes, clones/backup/recovery, infrastructure configuration, unit testing; documentation; and expeditious resolution of data Integration related service tickets.
- Responsible for the portfolio of projects related to data integrations through the entire IT project systems development life cycle and applying industry standard methods (i.e. Project Management Institute (PMI)) to ensure successful delivery of new/modified applications that follow industry standard frameworks for Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from initiation, planning, analysis, design, development, test and implementation to maintain systems/applications and support continuous improvement projects, initiatives and data integrity efforts.
- Collaborates with campus stakeholders on the development of a campus data dictionary to add and track data elements, sources and overall data flows across campus.
- Supports team through servant leadership by providing ongoing support with clearing obstacles, managing and mitigating risk, resolving constraints and limitations, balancing resources and responding to escalations quickly while supporting change management efforts to adapt to and support user and business partner needs.
- Create an environment that prioritizes strong relationships focused on the understanding and achievement of CSUMB and IT’s strategic goals and objectives while prioritizing and aligning departmental resources and plans.
- Build strategic relationships and collaborate with leaders across campus to identify, develop, and deliver projects/services that enhance productivity, improve the quality of work, and provide a better experience for our students.
- Develop and distribute communications and support coordination with campus stakeholders, advisory committees, governance bodies and related working groups; Communicate and coordinate with campus and IT cross functional teams, vendors and Chancellor’s Office project teams.
- Develops and implements department processes and procedures, directs department staff, and works with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs to ensure successful completion of campus wide strategic projects;
- Provide training and document support services including integrating project management tools into other aspects of IT administration;
- Track the status of IT projects, coordinate and maintain close contact with CIO and IT directors for escalating decisions, resource assignments, recommending and implementing procedural changes;
- Manage high-priority projects as needed.
- Develops and/or supports an agile team culture centered on products or projects that can be delivered iteratively
- Monitor and advise about related higher education technology and user experience trends.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Superior leadership, communication, change management, interpersonal and supervisory skills; experienced in guiding the work of both direct-reporting staff and project teams.
- Ability to handle multiple, complex priorities and balance the needs of each according to business impact and established objectives.
- Ability to work harmoniously with faculty, staff and students to resolve recurring differences between expectations and available resources
- Exhibit maturity, reliability, composure and stability under pressure as required for handling on-the-job challenges. Be able to give and take constructive criticism in a professional manner.
- Excellent skills in analytic thinking and process, systems and metrics analysis.
- Skilled in consensus-building but also adept at establishing a course of action that will ensure achievement of objectives.
- Experience with comprehensive project management; principles, methods, techniques and practices for managing projects of any size or complexity.
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-department projects/implementations which achieved defined objectives, delivering defined results that established new or improved service(s).
- Excellent skills in developing and delivering effective training and communication materials to enable campus development of project plans.
- Knowledge of project plan development, project control techniques and project management software tools.
- Knowledge of IT systems and applications including access procedures, configuration protocols, networks, system integration and/or databases, and enterprise applications.
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university.
- Three to five years of progressively responsible experience relevant to the job responsibilities. Two years of supervisory and/or management experience.
- Experience with Project Management Tools and technology.
- Experience supporting enterprise applications including: Application setup and configuration, business requirements gathering, review and finalization of scope documents, documentation (functional specifications), Q/A plan, testing, and training.
- Technical fluency with systems infrastructure and enterprise solutions; Microsoft Office, G Suite, and/or similar administrative tools and technology.
- Project Management Institute certifications as a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP).
- Formal User Experience and Change Management training or certification.
- Strong technical background working in Higher Education.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT AND POSITION DESIGNATIONS:
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
- The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095.
- This position is designated as a Campus Security Authority, will be required to participate in annual training, and to immediately forward to the Clery Compliance Officer all reports of Clery Act crimes brought to their attention.
- This position is required to comply with confidentiality requirements outlined in the Department of Education’s Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California’s Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
- This position has been designated as a sensitive position with:
- responsibility for the care, safety and security of people (including children and minors), animals and CSU property
- authority to commit financial resources of the university through contracts greater than $10,000
- access to, or control over, cash, checks, credit cards, and/or credit card account information
- responsibility or access/possession of building master or sub-master keys for building access
- control over campus business processes, either through functional roles or system
- Must possess and maintain a valid license to drive in the State of California, pass the Defensive Training Class, and be insurable under the University's liability coverage.
- May require occasional evenings and/or weekend work.
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Position requires working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time.
The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff remain our highest priority. While on campus, students, faculty, staff, and the community will be expected to follow all campus safety mandates.
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Interim Policy, all students and employees are required to submit their vaccination status to the Otter Vaccination Registry and are encouraged to be vaccinated.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a management level position with an attractive benefits package, which includes: a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month; an excellent choice of medical, dental and vision insurance; long term disability coverage; life insurance; educational incentives; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS); and 14 paid holidays a year. For further information, please visit: Employee Benefits Summary. The University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay also provides access to affordable campus housing, schoonoverparkapartments.com/
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application prior to the priority screen date found at Careers at CSUMB. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
CSUMB is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389 or email email@example.com. All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics, you can view the notice of availability and access the Cal State University, Monterey Bay annual security and fire safety reports at https://csumb.edu/clery/asr-and-fsr-notices-availability/.
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. We value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. We consider qualified applicants for employment for their anticipated contributions and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.