Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist Non Exempt
Anticipated Hiring Salary: Low to mid $2,000 per month for 20 hour week
CSU Salary Schedule
Hours: Part-time / 20 hours per week with possible potential to grow to full-time
Priority Screening Date: Apply Today! Priority Screening Date is extended to December 11, 2022
Recruitment Status: Open Until Filled
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB) is a mid-sized comprehensive baccalaureate and masters granting university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives with a focus on student success and engagement through experiential learning, service learning in its regional community, and the promotion of multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond campus. With a vibrant, diverse student body of over 7,400 students. CSUMB is both a Minority Serving Institution (MSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI).
The university’s Strategic Plan prioritizes inclusive excellence through recruiting and investing in the development of a diverse body of faculty, staff, and administrators. CSUMB’s sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral by 2030. The university’s faculty and staff, many of whom live in the East Campus housing development, appreciate living and working so close to the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, CSUMB offers excellent benefits, including access to below-market-rate campus housing and competitive salaries for faculty and staff.
- Administers credit card programs for the campus. Facilitates the implementation, measurement and improvement of card services program through analysis, evaluation and reporting. Responsible for the compliance and records retention for all card services programs. Serves as subject matter expert for all product card services programs and systems used and is a resource for internal and external member problem resolution. Collaborates with other departments and CO to mitigate and manage card fraud and security risks. Analyzes statements for suspicious activities, and recommends and implements security processes. Serves as liaison for all third-party relationships pertaining to the products and services in the credit program. Ensures all required reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Applies enforcement actions (credit card suspensions) to cardholders for non-compliance with guidelines. Problem solves and research’s credit card transactions requiring adjustments to authorization limits and merchant code restrictions. Analyzes and implements workflow improvements within the card services program.
- Monthly analysis of credit card Reconciliation Reports. Detailed analysis of all purchases and receipts to identify any misuse or missing authorizations. Reports misuse to cardholder and Approving Official. Enforces actions related to the program.
- Develops, implements, and maintains standardized policies and procedures for the card services programs. Ensure policies and procedures reflect compliance with applicable laws, CSU policy and are communicated appropriately. Develops and delivers training programs for all campus staff members authorized to use purchasing card. Maintains the card services manual.
- Analysis of credit card spend by a variety of metrics. Reporting of credit card program metrics.
- Assist with commodity and service-based purchases.
Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge: Working knowledge of general practices, program, and/or administrative specialty. Basic knowledge of and ability to apply fundamental concepts. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures. Knowledge of basic methods and procedures for research and statistical analysis and the ability to apply them.
Abilities: Ability to analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques. Ability to organize and plan work and projects including handling multiple priorities. Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment. Ability to compile, write, and present reports related to program or administrative specialty. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit. Ability to learn, interpret, and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures relating to and impacting the applicable program, organizational unit, and/or administrative specialty.
General knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions; to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports; to organize and plan work and projects including handling multiple priorities; and to take initiative and independent plan, organizes, coordinate, and perform in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; compile, write, and present reports related to program; and to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgement.
Knowledge of appropriate credit card usage patterns and associated legislation, regulations, guidelines, and standards.
Demonstrated skills in an institutional/educational environment utilizing a customer-oriented and service-centered attitude. Experience with presenting information to groups. Spreadsheet and report building experience.
Excellent Computer skills and demonstrated ability to use a variety of computer applications including databases, word-processing, spreadsheets, on-line systems, internet, as well as online calendaring and email.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT & POSITION DESIGNATIONS:
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check)
- The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095.
- This position has been designated as a sensitive position with authority to commit financial resources of the university through contracts greater than $10,000; access to, or control over, cash, checks, credit cards, and/or credit card account information; and access to and responsibility for detailed personally identifiable Level 1 confidential information about students, faculty, staff or alumni that is protected, personal or sensitive as defined in the CSU Information Security Data Classification Standards
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Position requires working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time. May require travel between campus offices and off-campus locations.
The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff remain our highest priority. While on campus, students, faculty, staff, and the community will be expected to follow all campus safety mandates.
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Interim Policy, all students and employees are required to submit their vaccination status to the Otter Vaccination Registry and are encouraged to be vaccinated.
CSUMB offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, dental and vision plans; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS); and 14-paid holidays a year. For more information, visit CSU System Benefits. Additionally, as a perk, the University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay provides access to affordable campus housing based on availability; visit Schoonover Employee Housing for more information.
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application prior to the priority screen date found at Careers at CSUMB. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
CSUMB is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics, you can view the notice of availability and access the Cal State University, Monterey Bay annual security and fire safety reports at https://csumb.edu/clery/asr-and-fsr-notices-availability/.
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. We value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. We consider qualified applicants for employment for their anticipated contributions and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.