Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator I
Anticipated Hiring Salary: High $3,000 to low $4,000's per month
CSU Salary Schedule
Hours: Full-time / 40 hours per week
Priority Screening Date: February 19, 2023
Recruitment Status: Open Until Filled
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB) is a mid-sized comprehensive baccalaureate and masters granting university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives with a focus on student success and engagement through experiential learning, service learning in its regional community, and the promotion of multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond campus. With a vibrant, diverse student body of over 7,400 students. CSUMB is both a Minority Serving Institution (MSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI).
The university’s Strategic Plan prioritizes inclusive excellence through recruiting and investing in the development of a diverse body of faculty, staff, and administrators. CSUMB’s sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral by 2030. The university’s faculty and staff, many of whom live in the East Campus housing development, appreciate living and working so close to the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, CSUMB offers excellent benefits, including access to below-market-rate campus housing and competitive salaries for faculty and staff.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Facilities Maintenance and Operations, and working closely with the Materials Management Administrative Specialist, the Facilities Services Coordinator performs a variety of administrative functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with weekly purchase statements that support cost recovery process. Assist Building Trades and Materials Management Coordinator with data entry, and materials/parts tracking, and inventory control in the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), currently LIMBLE Systems. Assist in the development monthly reporting of equipment and supplies utilizing LIMBLE or other resources to develop reports. Assist with the implementation of a bar code or QR system. Assist with inventory specific to tools and equipment, including condition, age, value, etc.
- Time and Attendance: Monitors phone or email messages daily to review, record, and forward reported absences to appropriate managers and supervisors. Enters absences into absence calendar and CMS. Monitors overtime logs and enters data into summary documentation for certification by employee and approval by management. Solicits, as necessary, and receives Time-Off Request/Notification forms, verifies availability of designated leave, and forwards to management for acknowledgement/approval. Prepares the Time and Attendance Repor (Form 672) for management review and approval. Collects Absence Forms (634s) from all personnel, ensures the form has been completed correctly, and reconciles to absence calendar and other records. Ensures timely reporting of overtime and special pay, including shift differential payments. Submits forms to Payroll in a timely manner. Maintains payroll attendance and absence reports for staff. Prepares for administrators review and approval. Maintains personnel documents of staff for administrators, including safety training records and tracks other employee activities using spreadsheets and/or other software based programs.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to the Director of Facilities Maintenance and Operations and the department. Maintains calendars and schedules meetings as appropriate. Prepares agendas, reports and assembles information and documents pertinent to meetings; assists in the collection and coordination of information related to departmental activities. Prepares and distributes a variety of correspondences, reports, and other communications.
- Coordinates arrangements for travel including transportation, hotel, rental car, and registration. Prepares and processes travel authorization and claim forms.
- Establishes and maintains a complex system of files and records for both physical and electronic materials, including reports, data-tracking systems, and correspondence. Assists with production of reports, statistical data, and other publications, tracks projects to ensure deadlines are met.
- Tracks office expenditures. Identifies supplies, materials, equipment, and services needed for the office and/or requested by staff. Receives and organizes supplies.
Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of: correct English, including grammar, spelling, punctuation, and editing; office systems and ability to use a broad range of technology, systems, and packages. Detailed knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn applicable university infrastructure, policies and procedures. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures. Experience to be fully functional in all technical aspects of work assignments.
Ability to: quickly acquire a thorough, detailed knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures; make sound independent decisions and recommendations based on current policies and procedures and a thorough analysis of current situations; independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects under strict deadlines; apply a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist; perform standard business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data and make simple projections; draft and compose correspondence and standard reports; effectively handle a broad range of interpersonal contacts, including those at the highest level and those requiring strict confidentiality; address common and unique problems using reasoning and judgement to develop practical, thorough, and creative solutions; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse, academic environment. Exceptional ability to communicate verbally and in writing, a professional, persuasive and tactful manner.
Knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite. These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience.
Strong communication and customer service skills. Experience tracking and monitoring budgets. Excellent organizational skills. Proficient in the use of personal computers including word processing, spreadsheets and database software.
Technical fluency with Oracle/PeopleSoft, CSU Common Management System or equivalent; Microsoft Office Professional Suite, and Google mail and calendaring programs.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT & POSITION DESIGNATIONS:
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
- The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095.
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Position requires working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time. May require travel between campus offices and off-campus locations.
The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff remain our highest priority. While on campus, students, faculty, staff, and the community will be expected to follow all campus safety mandates.
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Interim Policy, all students and employees are required to submit their vaccination status to the Otter Vaccination Registry and are encouraged to be vaccinated.
CSUMB offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, dental and vision plans; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS); and 14-paid holidays a year. For more information, visit CSU System Benefits. Additionally, as a perk, the University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay provides access to affordable campus housing based on availability; visit Schoonover Employee Housing for more information.
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application prior to the priority screen date found at Careers at CSUMB. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
CSUMB is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics, you can view the notice of availability and access the Cal State University, Monterey Bay annual security and fire safety reports at https://csumb.edu/clery/asr-and-fsr-notices-availability/.
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. We value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. We consider qualified applicants for employment for their anticipated contributions and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.