Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator
Hours: Full-time / 40 hours per week
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $3,518 to $4,104 per month
CSU Salary Schedule
*CSUMB provides pay scales representing its good faith estimate of what the university reasonably expects to pay for this position. The pay offered to a selected candidate will be determined on factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal equity, and CSU systemwide pay for comparable jobs.
Priority Screening Date: October 30, 2023
Recruitment Status: Open Until Filled
California State University, Monterey Bay is a mid-sized university in California’s Central Coast that grants undergraduate and graduate degrees. Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, CSUMB is part of the nation’s largest four-year public university system, California State University, which educates nearly 460,000 students every year. With a vibrant, diverse student body of over 7,000 students, CSU Monterey Bay is both a Minority Serving Institution and a Hispanic Serving Institution. Our staff and faculty transform students’ lives with a focus on student success and engagement through experiential learning, service learning, and a strong emphasis on multicultural and global perspectives. CSUMB’s sustainability goal is to be carbon neutral by 2030.
The university’s Strategic Plan prioritizes inclusive excellence through recruiting and investing in developing a diverse body of faculty, staff and administrators. Many appreciate living and working close to the shores of beautiful Monterey Bay, with easy access to recreational areas from Big Sur to Santa Cruz. Nearby opportunities for collaborative research include working in the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary and Silicon Valley, and with colleagues at local research universities, including UC Santa Cruz and Stanford University. As one of the 23 campuses in the CSU system, CSUMB offers excellent benefits, including access to below-market-rate rental housing on East Campus, and competitive salaries for faculty and staff. With proximity to the San Francisco Bay Area and San Jose, opportunities for faculty, staff and students are as endless as the shores of the nearby Pacific Ocean.
Under the general supervision of the AVP of Facilities Management, and the day-to-day direction of the Administrative Specialist, the Facilities Services Coordinator performs a variety of administrative functions in support of the staff in Facilities Management Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Time and Attendance: Monitors phone or email messages daily to review, record, and forward reported absences to appropriate managers and supervisors. Enters absences into absence calendar and CMS. Monitors overtime logs and enters data into summary documentation for certification by employee and approval by management. Solicits, as necessary, and receives Time-Off Request/Notification forms, verifies availability of designated leave, and forwards to management for acknowledgement/approval. Prepares the Time and Attendance Report (Form 672) for management review and approval. Collects Absence Forms (634s) from all personnel, ensures the form has been completed correctly, and reconciles to absence calendar and other records. Ensures timely reporting of overtime and special pay, including shift differential payments. Submits forms to Payroll in a timely manner. Maintains payroll attendance and absence reports for staff. Prepares for administrators review and approval. Maintains personnel documents of staff for administrators, including safety training records and tracks other employee activities using spreadsheets and/or other software-based programs.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to the department. Maintains calendars and schedules meetings as appropriate. Prepares agendas, reports and assembles information and documents pertinent to meetings; assists in the collection and coordination of information related to departmental activities. Prepares and distributes a variety of correspondences, reports, and other communications.
- Coordinates arrangements for travel including transportation, hotel, rental car, and registration. Prepares and processes travel authorization and claim forms.
- Tracks office expenditures. Identifies supplies, materials, equipment, and services needed for the office and/or requested by staff. Receives and organizes supplies.
Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of: correct English, including grammar, spelling, punctuation, and editing; office systems and ability to use a broad range of technology, systems, and packages. Detailed knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn applicable university infrastructure, policies and procedures. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures. Experience to be fully functional in all technical aspects of work assignments.
Ability to: quickly acquire a thorough, detailed knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures; make sound independent decisions and recommendations based on current policies and procedures and a thorough analysis of current situations; independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects under strict deadlines; apply a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist; perform standard business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data and make simple projections; draft and compose correspondence and standard reports; effectively handle a broad range of interpersonal contacts, including those at the highest level and those requiring strict confidentiality; address common and unique problems using reasoning and judgement to develop practical, thorough, and creative solutions; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse, academic environment. Exceptional ability to communicate verbally and in writing, a professional, persuasive and tactful manner.
Knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite. These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience.
Strong communication and customer service skills. Experience tracking and monitoring budgets. Excellent organizational skills. Proficient in the use of personal computers including word processing, spreadsheets and database software.
Technical fluency with Oracle/PeopleSoft, CSU Common Management System or equivalent; Microsoft Office Professional Suite, and Google mail and calendaring programs.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT & POSITION DESIGNATIONS:
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with CSUMB. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current employees who apply for this position.
- The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095.
- This position has been designated as a sensitive position with:
- access to, or control over access to, or control over, cash, checks, credit cards, and/or credit card account information;
- and access to and responsibility for detailed personally identifiable Level 1 confidential information about students, faculty, staff or alumni that is protected, personal or sensitive as defined in the CSU Information Security Data Classification Standards.
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. The position requires working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time. May require travel between campus offices and off-campus locations.
The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff remain our highest priority. While on campus, students, faculty, staff, and the community will be expected to follow all campus safety mandates.
CSUMB offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, dental and vision plans; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS); and 15 paid holidays a year. For more information, visit Employee Benefits Summary. As a perk, the University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay provides access to affordable campus housing based on availability; visit Schoonover Employee Housing for more information.
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application prior to the priority screen date found at Careers at CSUMB. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
CSUMB is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Human Resources at (831) 582-3389 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics, you can view the notice of availability and access the Cal State University, Monterey Bay annual security and fire safety reports at https://csumb.edu/clery/asr-and-fsr-notices-availability/.
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity employer seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. We value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. We consider qualified applicants for employment for their anticipated contributions and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.